cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hyper-V agent
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 16:28:23 GMT
H Rajesh,

How is the hyperv template build? And can it be build in the jenkins
process that builds the other templates?

thanks,
Daan

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Rajesh Battala
<rajesh.battala@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
> Systemvm template for HyperV is already pushed to download.cloud.com
> Here is the url for the same.: http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.3/systemvm64template-2013-12-23-hyperv.vhd.bz2
> Please download and use it.
> If you find issues with the template, please post the details.
>
> Thanks
> Rajesh Battala

I need to set the service to start automatically - sc config "CloudStack Hyper-V Agent" start=
automatic).

> Now I can't find the hyper-v system vm template.  I've found a ticket which says it's
built by Jenkins, but I can't find it.
> http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/job/build-systemvm64-master/
>

> Regards,
>
> Paul Angus
> Cloud Architect

hostname.domain.com /makeprimary:newhostname.newdomain.com

> to set the dns suffix (then rebooted)
>
> Agentshell.exe --install still failed,
>
> I needed to uninstall the agent first
>
> Agentshell.exe --uninstall
> Then reinstall
> Agentshell.exe --install
>
> Et voila:
> 14-01-08 17:58:45,173 [1] DEBUG CloudStack.Plugin.AgentShell.Program [(null)] - CloudStack
Hyper-V Agent arg is
> 2014-01-08 17:58:45,204 [1] INFO  CloudStack.Plugin.AgentShell.Program [(null)] - Installing
and running CloudStack Hyper-V Agent
> 2014-01-08 17:58:45,220 [1] ERROR CloudStack.Plugin.AgentShell.Program [(null)] -  Error
occured in starting service Cannot start service CloudStack Hyper-V Agent on computer '.'.
> 2014-01-08 17:58:51,637 [1] DEBUG CloudStack.Plugin.AgentShell.Program [(null)] - CloudStack
Hyper-V Agent arg is
> 2014-01-08 17:58:51,683 [1] INFO  CloudStack.Plugin.AgentShell.Program [(null)] - Stopping
and uninstalling CloudStack Hyper-V Agent
> 2014-01-08 17:58:53,621 [1] DEBUG CloudStack.Plugin.AgentShell.Program [(null)] - CloudStack
Hyper-V Agent arg is
> 2014-01-08 17:58:53,652 [1] INFO  CloudStack.Plugin.AgentShell.Program [(null)] - Installing
and running CloudStack Hyper-V Agent
> 2014-01-08 17:58:53,995 [1] INFO  CloudStack.Plugin.AgentShell.Program [(null)] - CloudStack
Hyper-V Agent running as Windows Service
> 2014-01-08 17:58:54,042 [1] INFO  CloudStack.Plugin.AgentShell.AgentService [(null)]
- Starting CloudStack agent
> 2014-01-08 17:58:54,292 [1] DEBUG CloudStack.Plugin.AgentShell.AgentService [(null)]
- Controller HypervResourceController is available

> Now to add it into cloudstack...
>

> Regards,
>
> Paul Angus
> Cloud Architect

the . works in SQL Server etc, could it not be working here? Or have you set a custom hosts
file?

> --
> Error occured in starting service Cannot start service CloudStack Hyper-V Agent on computer
'.'.

> Alex Hitchins
> +44 7788 423 969

if a service is present by the name "CloudStack Hyper-V Agent"? To debug the service start
issue, can you open up the 8250 port (or try disable firewall) and check if the service starts
up.

> Regards,
> Devdeep

Hyper-V Agent arg is
> 2014-01-03 17:33:59,823 [1] INFO  CloudStack.Plugin.AgentShell.Program [(null)] - Installing
and running CloudStack Hyper-V Agent
> 2014-01-03 17:34:02,185 [1] ERROR CloudStack.Plugin.AgentShell.Program [(null)] -  Error
occured in starting service Cannot start service CloudStack Hyper-V Agent on computer '.'.

> Regards,
>
> Paul Angus
> Cloud Architect

(default targets) -> (Build target) -> C:\cygwin64\usr\local\cloudstack\plugins\hypervisors\hyperv\DotNet\ServerResource\WmiWrappers\WmiWrappers.csproj
(default targets) -> C:\PROGRA~2\MONO-3~1.3\lib\mono\4.0\Microsoft.Common.targets (ResolveAssemblyReferences
target) ->

>         C:\PROGRA~2\MONO-3~1.3\lib\mono\4.0\Microsoft.Common.targets:  warning : Reference
'AWSSDK' not resolved
>         C:\PROGRA~2\MONO-3~1.3\lib\mono\4.0\Microsoft.Common.targets:  warning : Reference
'Ionic.Zip' not resolved
>         C:\PROGRA~2\MONO-3~1.3\lib\mono\4.0\Microsoft.Common.targets:  warning : Reference
'log4net' not resolved
>         C:\PROGRA~2\MONO-3~1.3\lib\mono\4.0\Microsoft.Common.targets:  warning : Reference
'Newtonsoft.Json' not resolved
>         C:\PROGRA~2\MONO-3~1.3\lib\mono\4.0\Microsoft.Common.targets:  warning : Reference
'NSubstitute' not resolved
>         C:\PROGRA~2\MONO-3~1.3\lib\mono\4.0\Microsoft.Common.targets:  warning : Reference
'xunit' not resolved

> Errors:
>
> C:\cygwin64\usr\local\cloudstack\plugins\hypervisors\hyperv\DotNet\ServerResource\ServerResource.sln
(default targets) -> (Build target) -> C:\cygwin64\usr\local\cloudstack\plugins\hypervisors\hyperv\DotNet\ServerResource\HypervResource\HypervResource.csproj
(default targets) -> C:\cygwin64\usr\local\cloudstack\plugins\hypervisors\hyperv\DotNet\ServerResource\\.nuget\NuGet.targets
(RestorePackages target) ->

>         C:\cygwin64\usr\local\cloudstack\plugins\hypervisors\hyperv\DotNet\ServerResource\\.nuget\NuGet.targets:
error : Command 'mono --runtime=v4.0.30319 C:\cygwin64\usr\local\cloudstack\plugins\hypervisors\hyperv\DotNet\ServerResource\.nuget\NuGet.exe
install "C:\cygwin64\usr\local\cloudstack\plugins\hypervisors\hyperv\DotNet\ServerResource\HypervResource\packages.config"
-source ""   -RequireConsent -solutionDir "C:\cygwin64\usr\local\cloudstack\plugins\hypervisors\hyperv\DotNet\ServerResource\\"
' exited with code: 1.

>          6 Warning(s)
>          1 Error(s)
>
> Time Elapsed 00:00:02.6896758
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Regards,
>
> Paul Angus
> Cloud Architect

Gangwar
> Subject: RE: Hyper-V agent
>
> I agree that we need a distro for the agent.
>
> Based on what KVM does, what is the pattern for distributing non-Java agents?
>
> DL

Anshul Gangwar
> Subject: Hyper-V agent
>
> Happy New Year Everyone,
>
> Is there somewhere I can download the hyper-v cloudagent (AgentShell.exe) rather than
needing to build a windows development environment to build it.  + what's the longer term
plan? I can't see Microsoft house sysadmins being willing to build their own agents in order
to use CloudStack...