cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Weingartner <rafaelweingart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cloudstack presenting wrong used memory values
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 12:57:39 GMT
I am using xen-hypervisor 4.1 and XCP 1.6 if I am not mistaken.

I have also never noticed this used memory values until we deployed Zenoss
to monitor the cloud. I just noticed that because the Zenoss was generating
a graph that presented whole cloud memory usage and it was a little weird.
With high allocated values, but pretty low used values.

As in your case, it seems pretty weird to me that we have this huge amount
of memory allocated (26GB), but just 28MB are being used. It almost does
not make sense. I also should point out that you used the command "free
-g", it shows the memory of the DOM0, in your case it just presents the
whole amount of memory of your hosts because you are using the auto
ballooning option. But in my case, we disabled this, and set static amount
of memory and cpus for the DOM0.

Does anyone know from where the CS is getting those used memory values?

--
Rafael Weingärtner