cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio ForniƩ Casarrubios <antonio.for...@gmail.com>
Subject [Question] Cloudstack API : parameter "listall"
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 10:31:30 GMT
Hi all,

When we send a request to CS API there are general parameters and
command-specific parameters. Once the command object is created in the mgmt
server, all the command specific parameters are assigned to the
corresponding command object properties. For most *ListCmd classes, there
is a property "listAll' inherited from superclass
BaseListDomainResourcesCmd, which extends BaseListCmd.

The problem is some *ListCmd classes extend directly BaseListCmd, so they
don't inherit the property "listAll', and thus when the request includes a
parameter listall:true it is ignored. Further, a future feature I am
working on (actually it's more fixing an issue) will make the server detect
non-expect parameters for a command.

So for commands like ListRegionsCmd the fix should be:
a) to remove parameter listall from the request
b) to move property listAll from BaseListDomainResourcesCmd to BaseListCmd
c) to make ListRegionsCmd (and similar ones) extend from
BaseListDomainResourcesCmd instead of from BaseListCmd.

Any thoughts? I'm almost sure it's (a) since these seem to be commands that
shouldn't need listAll parameter for anything, but I wanted to double check
with you.

Thanks, cheers

Antonio Fornie
MCE at Schuberg Philis