cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturv...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] 3rd round of voting for ASF 4.2.1 RC
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 23:41:47 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Nux! [mailto:nux@li.nux.ro]
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2014 2:56 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: [VOTE] 3rd round of voting for ASF 4.2.1 RC

On 02.01.2014 22:12, Animesh Chaturvedi wrote:
>  [Animesh] Nux, as Edison mentioned KVM Snapshot are not supported in
> ACS. We use customized qemu internally which allows us to take
> snapshots but cannot be redistributed in ACS [Animesh] because of
> license incompatibility

I know[1], my issue is not with "VM snapshots", it's with "volumes snapshots" in the Storage
section.

[1] - BTW for KVM live snapshots to work in EL6, one can simply rebuild the stock SRPM with
"rhev" option, I think, I have to test this a bit more. See e.g.
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.ovirt.user/13381

[Animesh] VM Snapshot is not supported for KVM at this time. I am also referring to Volume
Snapshot.  KVM Snapshots are not supported for a long time. Here is an old email from Edison
calling it out [2] during 4.0 time

[2] http://markmail.org/thread/c6edaeeiulfkm6or

Nux!
www.nux.ro