cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Jessica Wang <Jessica.W...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: UI blocker
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 18:42:37 GMT
> cosmetic issues are not blockers

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Federle
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2014 10:41 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Jessica Wang; Sonny Chhen
Subject: RE: UI blocker

Sorry, but cosmetic issues are not blockers :) It would only be a blockers if the functionality
were NOT usable in any shape or form, for both testing and end use.

i.e. -- if the fields were completely missing or garbled in some way, I would agree that we
can classify the bug as blocking release. Looking 'ugly', no -- I implemented the scrollbars
because most times API keys, etc. are usually very long strings, causing overflow on some
browsers and in most usability cases people are mainly needing to just copy/paste the values
into other fields. It's not the most elegant solution I understand, but this is also a small
facet of the whole UI experience.

I am going to ask everyone to PLEASE respect this when determining priority on UI bugs --
I know things like this are somewhat ugly, but there are only a small handful of full-time
UI developers working on CloudStack and it makes our lives harder if everyone is marking trivial
stuff as show-stoppers.

At any rate, if you still think this is a blocker, you can feel free to look into it yourself,
in which case write a review request and I'll take a look at it.

-Brian