cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: DB timeouts on failover
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 11:40:48 GMT
On 27-Jan-2014, at 11:57 am, Damoder Reddy <Damoder.Reddy@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hi Francois,
>
> In current Cloud Stack versions there is no way to tell management servers that wait/reconnect
for some time without fencing the management server if it sees a Db Connection failure.

> Also the default connection-timeout parameters for a mysql database is lying with mysql
configuration file my.cnf in which we can use the following property to set the default connection
timeout.

> "connect-timeout=seconds"
>
> The default value is 10 seconds for this property.
>

> PS : We are coming with a proper Database HA in 4.3, where we are using Mysql Connector's
parameters to achieve this.

Thats wonderful news. Looking forward to testing database HA in 4.3.

Thanks.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560
055