cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "SuichII, Christopher" <Chris.Su...@netapp.com>
Subject Re: createSnapshot API always returns success
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 17:46:30 GMT
For what it is worth, a very similar issue is occurring for deleting snapshots. However, that
issue is only with the UI.

--
Chris Suich
chris.suich@netapp.com

On Jan 7, 2014, at 10:08 AM, SuichII, Christopher <Chris.Suich@netapp.com> wrote:

> It appears that, no matter what, the createSnapshot API will ALWAYS return a success.
If you drill down from:

> VolumeApiServiceImpl.orchestrateTakeVolumeSnapshot() to
> VolumeServiceImpl.takeSnapshot(), you’ll notice that ANY exception that is thrown inside
of SnapshotManager.takeSnapshot() is simply caught and ignored.

> Back up in VolumeApiServiceImpl.orchestrateTakeVolumeSnapshot(), JobInfo.Status.SUCCEEDED
is ALWAYS returned, regardless of the snapshot result.