cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Srikanteswararao Talluri <srikanteswararao.tall...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Xen StorageMotion Fails
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 07:18:45 GMT
Yes, I am able to migrate a VM on local storage(host) to another local storage(host).

Can you paste the API call you tried?

Thanks,
~Talluri

-----Original Message-----
From: Francois Gaudreault [mailto:fgaudreault@cloudops.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 29 January 2014 6:31 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Xen StorageMotion Fails

Hi,

should have been posted here. We are running 4.2.1 with XenServer 6.2SP1. I tried to run a
storage motion from a local storage to another, and I am getting this error. Xen returns a
VM_REQUIRES_NETWORK when attempting the migration. This error, according to the javadoc means:

You attempted to run a VM on a host which doesn't have a PIF on a Network needed by the VM.
The VM has at least one VIF attached to the Network.

http://pastebin.com/cHcAyPtP

I believe this is supposed to be supported since CloudStack let me do it from the UI. Right?

Thanks!

--
Francois Gaudreault
Architecte de Solution Cloud | Cloud Solutions Architect fgaudreault@cloudops.com