cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][PROPOSAL] (CLOUDSTACK-3272)
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 06:50:53 GMT

Sonal,

There may be mix up on the problem statement of the bug 3272. Sorry I did
not elaborate enough in the bug.

So there are multiple event types that are generated by CS, action events,
usage events, resource state change events and alerts. Current problem is
all the events gets published on the event bus when event bus is enabled.
Intent of the bug is to introduce global setting config parameters to
specify which category of events to be published or not be published on
the event bus. For e.g if global config param says to publish only usage
events, then only usage events should be published on the event bus.

If your intent is to create generic mechanism to add meta-data to events
that event bus can interpret and do specific action/configuration then it
might make sense to open a different bug and elaborate what you want to
address.

Thanks,
Murali