cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ACS43] Schedule Reminder : 4 weeks to RC
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 08:03:00 GMT
Animesh,

One week before the RC, can we stop commit and have you as the only committer to that branch.

I think it would help reduce the number of RC respins/vote if we have a stable branch ahead
of the RC for testing.

-sebastien

On Dec 13, 2013, at 7:31 PM, Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com> wrote:

> Fixed one typo the branch is 4.3 not 4.2

to blockers and critical. I need help with doc and translations in preparation for RC.

> The issue resolution rate has picked up in last 2 weeks but we still have close to 100
blocker and critical, please help out in getting the issues resolved to bring the backlog
to manageable number.

> Given the backlog we will follow what we did for ACS 4.1 and ACS 4.2. Up until when we
cut the first RC on (2014-01-10) committers should continue to check in fixes to 4.3 branch
for blocker and critical issues. Please do any fixes as cleanly as possible.  For Contributors
if you have a fix that needs to go into 4.3, please email the list with the subject tag [ACS43]
and note the review that contains the patch. I'll pick whichever I can, but will also rely
on others with commit rights to make it efficient. I will create a staging branch after first
RC and will start cherry-pick then.

> RC re-spins are drain on everyone so I will request you to start playing with 4.3 and
report issues early on.

> There are large number of issues that are resolved but not verified yet. Given that the
number is huge  with around 100 blocker and critical we need to prioritize and verify the
ones that were returned by developers as ( Invalid,Incomplete, CanNotReproduce, Later, NotAProblem)
first.  I have created a filter[1] to facilitate identifying these issues. This is no way
means not to verify other issues but it is to close on the ones that have the most likelihood
of being reopened during verification.