cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sonal Ojha <sonal.o...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][PROPOSAL] (CLOUDSTACK-3272)
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 07:41:38 GMT
As per the problem statement the config parameters would be the deciding
factor for the behavior of the events on the event bus. A subscriber would
never decide the behavior , instead the publisher of the event would add
config parameters to the events. On basis of these parameters the wrapper
over the queue broker could decide the actions to be performed on the
events. For example, the publisher of vm start event added a configuration
parameter "expiry" to the event. On basis of this parameter the wrapper
over the message queue broker would decide when should the vm start event
be expired / deleted from the queue. The subscriber of the event will be
able to read / fetch the event until its expired.

There could be more than one config parameters attached to an event and so
the proposal is to add all these config parameters into a Map instead of
having only one config parameter added as a variable to the EventCategory
class.