cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ACS43] Schedule Reminder : 4 weeks to RC
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2013 19:32:24 GMT
"Vlan id is required when add ip range to the public network", does
anyone know when that was decided? It used to be that you could just
create a public bridge and go with it (vlan = 'untagged'), now
cloudstack requires a tagged vlan?

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 6:44 PM, Animesh Chaturvedi
<animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com> wrote:

> [...]
limited to blockers and critical. I need help with doc and translations in preparation for
RC.

>> The issue resolution rate has picked up in last 2 weeks but we still have close to
100 blocker and critical, please help out in getting the issues resolved to bring the backlog
to manageable number.

>> Given the backlog we will follow what we did for ACS 4.1 and ACS 4.2. Up until when
we cut the first RC on (2014-01-10) committers should continue to check in fixes to 4.3 branch
for blocker and critical issues. Please do any fixes as cleanly as possible.  For Contributors
if you have a fix that needs to go into 4.3, please email the list with the subject tag [ACS43]
and note the review that contains the patch. I'll pick whichever I can, but will also rely
on others with commit rights to make it efficient. I will create a staging branch after first
RC and will start cherry-pick then.

>> RC re-spins are drain on everyone so I will request you to start playing with 4.3
and report issues early on.

>> There are large number of issues that are resolved but not verified yet. Given that
the number is huge  with around 100 blocker and critical we need to prioritize and verify
the ones that were returned by developers as ( Invalid,Incomplete, CanNotReproduce, Later,
NotAProblem) first.  I have created a filter[1] to facilitate identifying these issues. This
is no way means not to verify other issues but it is to close on the ones that have the most
likelihood of being reopened during verification.