cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Gaurav Aradhye <gaurav.arad...@clogeny.com>
Subject Updating volume limits
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 14:13:27 GMT
Hi,

I am updating the volume limits for a project through updateResourceLimit
API.
It seems that the limit only applies to Data disks, and not the root disks
which belong to the vm deployed in the project.

For example, I can set the limit as 1, and then deploy an instance without
data disk. And later on, add another data disk separately. So here, the
total volumes listed are 2, although I had set 1 as the limit. But now,
when I try to add another data disk, it throws error saying limit exceeded.

Is this behaviour correct? Or the limit should be applied counting the root
disks also?

Regards,
Gaurav