cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Marvin refactoring
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:12:26 GMT
Hi devs and Santosh and Girish,

I am looking at Marvin lately and I am seeing lots of changes happening, especially:
https://reviews.apache.org/users/santhoshe/

That's great to see effort for integration testing. However I am concerned that these changes
(sometimes temporary fixes) are going straight in 4.2, 4.3 and master.

How about creating a marvin refactoring branch and working there ?

I believe that what is being done to Marvin is significant enough (renaming of files, change
of logger structures, change of function names, addition of constants etc..) that it should
be developed in its own feature branch and a merge should be called once the refactoring is
done.

Personally, I don't agree with some of the cosmetic changes: like move to camel case for function
name (not pythonic even though pep8 compliant) or the addition of codes.py (different name
maybe ?).  Sometimes the api gets broken as well, like in cloudstackConnection.

We should also have an open discussion about the import of https://github.com/vogxn/cloud-autodeploy
in marvin/marvin/misc/build. That repo from prasanna while part of the CI infra is really
custom config for Citrix internal infra (right ?). I don't think this has a place inside the
Marvin code. When we build Marvin for instance, what happens to that code ? Does it get uploaded
to pypi if we push Marvin to pypi ?

Let me know what you think,

thanks,

-Sebastien