cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prachi Damle <Prachi.Da...@citrix.com>
Subject Loading order of Adapter components
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 22:12:56 GMT
Hi Darren,

I am trying to add a new implementation of SecurityChecker interface which is an Adapter.
 I am adding  a plugin - RoleBasedChecker,  and I want to add it to the list of SecurityCheckers
at first position.
However the new checker gets added to the list at the last position. The order specified as
below is not getting followed when the components are  loaded.

Do you think I am missing anything to be changed?

Changes I did:

1)      I added my component in the global config:

'Advanced', 'DEFAULT', 'ExtensionRegistry', 'security.checkers.order', 'roleBasedEntityAccessChecker,AffinityGroupAccessChecker,DomainChecker',
'The order of precedence for the extensions', 'roleBasedEntityAccessChecker,AffinityGroupAccessChecker,DomainChecker',
'2013-12-18 01:45:31', 'Global', '0'

2)      I added it to the spring-core-registry-core-context.xml under cloud-core
    <bean id="securityCheckersRegistry"
        class="org.apache.cloudstack.spring.lifecycle.registry.ExtensionRegistry">
        <property name="orderConfigKey" value="security.checkers.order" />
        <property name="excludeKey" value="security.checkers.exclude" />
        <property name="orderConfigDefault"
            value="RoleBasedEntityAccessChecker,AffinityGroupAccessChecker,DomainChecker"
/>
    </bean>

3)      The bean itself is defined in the spring-acl-role-based-access-checkers-context.xml
under the plugin
<bean id="RoleBasedEntityAccessChecker" class="org.apache.cloudstack.acl.entity.RoleBasedEntityAccessChecker"
/>

Thanks,
Prachi