cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjay Tripathi <sanjay.tripa...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Updating volume limits
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 17:01:31 GMT
Hi Gaurav,

As per the correct behavior, volume count is applied for both root and data disk. If you see
that CloudStack is not taking the root disks into consideration then you can open a bug for
same.

--Sanjay

-----Original Message-----
From: Gaurav Aradhye [mailto:gaurav.aradhye@clogeny.com]
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2013 7:43 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Updating volume limits

Hi,

I am updating the volume limits for a project through updateResourceLimit API.
It seems that the limit only applies to Data disks, and not the root disks which belong to
the vm deployed in the project.

For example, I can set the limit as 1, and then deploy an instance without data disk. And
later on, add another data disk separately. So here, the total volumes listed are 2, although
I had set 1 as the limit. But now, when I try to add another data disk, it throws error saying
limit exceeded.

Is this behaviour correct? Or the limit should be applied counting the root disks also?

Regards,
Gaurav