cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 3rd round of voting for ASF 4.2.1 RC
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 14:52:37 GMT

There is definitely an issue with snapshotting for kvm.

I've been done some tests, but not finished yet. What i've discovered is that if you take
a snapshot of a live server, the snapshot creation works perfectly well for me. The snapshot
is created and saved without an error. However, i've tried to convert the snapshot into a
template and create a new vm using this template. The snapshot to template works fine. However,
creating a vm from that template did not work.

If I try to create a template from a stopped server directly without using the snapshot, the
vm creation from the template works perfectly well.

I've not done much investigation, however, i've noticed that when I am doing vm creation using
snapshot and template process the database shows QCOW2 as the file format. Doing directly
via the template is showing RAW file format. I will do some more testing to verify and post
management server logs.

Andrei

----- Original Message -----

From: "Nux!" <nux@li.nux.ro>
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Sent: Monday, 23 December, 2013 2:34:31 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] 3rd round of voting for ASF 4.2.1 RC

On 23.12.2013 05:42, Abhinandan Prateek wrote:
> It gives me immense pleasure to inform that the vote to label this ASF
> 4.2.1 RC as the GA release has been passed with following stats:

Can someone check KVM volume snapshots before declaring this GA? It's
been consistently broken for me in 4.2.1-SNAPSHOT with NFS as well as
GlusterFS shared mount point.
It was working in 4.2.0 afaicr.

I've sent several emails about this as well as bothering people in
CLOUDSTACK-5393.
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cloudstack.apache.org/msg20123.html

HTH
Lucian