cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Shepherd <darren.sheph...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: cloudstack no longer monitoring log4j-cloud.xml?
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 05:14:24 GMT
I'll look at it, but that util method that loads the log4j-cloud.xml is still being called,
I can't remember the api off the top of my head.

My first guess would actually be that the file is getting loaded from a different place than
/etc.  ACS packages a lot of files twice and I often see the scripts files being loaded from
web-inf/classes and not the other location in /usr.

Darren

> On Dec 17, 2013, at 5:03 PM, "Alex Huang" <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Darren,
>
> I've just been alerted that cloudstack doesn't seem to be dynamically loading the log4j
configurations any more.  This means you need to restart the server every time someone changes
the logging level.  This was done by the componentlocator previously.  Was this lost during
the spring changes?  Can you bring the functionality back?