cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: NFS vs Swift
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 09:03:19 GMT
On 05.11.2013 05:44, Damien Mannix wrote:
> HI All,
>
> We are currently running CloudStack 3.07 with NFS Secondary Storage
> which we have had continuing issues with. Has anyone migrated from NFS
> to swift? Pros / Cons – any tips would be most helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance

The main problem I have with NFS is scalability, it will hold back the
whole setup when it gets real big.
Luckily there are workarounds without messing with swift or other s3
clones, one could use glusterfs' nfs interface + RR dns (we do this
currently - though not for ACS - and it works well).
I'd love to see native glusterfs support for secondary storage.

My 2 strips of gold-pressed latinum

Nux!
www.nux.ro