cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Manasa Veloori (3P)" <manasa.velo...@citrix.com>
Subject [DISCUSS]Migration of NFS Secondary Storage to Object Store
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 11:41:58 GMT
Hi,

I Have gone through the FS https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Migration+of+NFS+Secondary+Storage+to+Object+Store
.

Below are my review comments:

In Migration steps:
Step2:
We also automatically increment reference count of these old templates, volumes and snapshots
on old NFS so that they cannot be recycled during our scheduled cache store cleanup thread.
Their reference count will be decremented when we really migrate the content to S3.------In
what scenarios does the  old templates/volumes/snapshots  get  migrated to the new S3.

Step3: For each new snapshot taken after migration, we will always take a full snapshot to
newly added S3, so there will no issues to coalesce delta snapshots cross NFS and S3 stores.--------for
the new snapshots ,full snapshot will be taken. Will the reference count of the delta snapshots
which are already present in the NFS incremented. If that is the case then they will never
get deleted from NFS cache as a part of cache store clean up.

At step5 : For volume, we will trigger copy of the template to the new S3 object store when
user invokes ExtractVolume.- "it should be trigger copy of volume(not template) to new S3"

Thanks,
Manasa