cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Octavian Popescu <Octavian.Pope...@interoute.com>
Subject template inheritance from domains to subdomains, new feature?
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 08:58:58 GMT
Hi,

Have a look at the following structure:

BASE_DOMAIN
                                \_ CHILD_1
                                \_ CHILD_2

Assuming I'm using an account created in BASE_DOMAIN, I'm trying to find a way to publish
templates from that account so that they're also accessible to accounts created on the child
subdomains - is there any way to do this and set up some sort of inheritance for the templates?
The default behavior seems to be total isolation - if you create a template via an account
from the BASE_DOMAIN, the subdomains are not able to access it (and the other way around,
if you create it from an account in the child domains, the BASE_DOMAIN account is not able
to access them) I don't want to declare the templates as public as everyone will be able to
access them. If this is not possible by design I'm considering creating a feature request
because this is a critical feature to be used in shared cloud environments.

Thanks,
Octavian

--
Octavian Popescu