cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "SuichII, Christopher" <Chris.Su...@netapp.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Add 'Other' category to gen_toc.py for apidoc
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 16:19:12 GMT
I would like to be able to leverage the existing apidoc tools to generate apidoc for my plugin’s
exposed APIs. However, gen_toc.py expects all APIs to fall into one of the hard coded ‘known_categories’.
Since my APIs don’t fall into one of the existing categories, gen_toc.py fails with the
error:

Exception: Need to add a category for <my api> to gen_toc.py:known_categories

What are people’s thoughts on adding a category called ‘Other’ for APIs which do not
fall into one of the hard coded categories? I’ve tested this locally by adding the following
to gen_toc.py:

To the end of the known_categories hash: 'Other' : ‘Other’
At end end of choose_category(fn): return known_categories['Other’]

I think there is a lot to be done with the apidoc tools moving forward to allow third party
plugins to use the tools, but this would be a quick fix that would at least make the tools
usable for now.

-Chris
--
Chris Suich