cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: api incompatibility between 4.1 and 4.2 in ACLs
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2013 21:22:15 GMT
Marcus, if any of the CS API command(s) return the error for parameter/parameter combination
that used to work before, then it means APIs are incompatible, and it has to be fixed.
Thank you for looking into it.

-Alena.

From: Marcus Sorensen <shadowsor@gmail.com<mailto:shadowsor@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, November 11, 2013 1:10 PM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: api incompatibility between 4.1 and 4.2 in ACLs

Ok, I'll dig deeper into it. Our api's ACL tests are breaking against 4.2.

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM, Kishan Kavala
<Kishan.Kavala@citrix.com<mailto:Kishan.Kavala@citrix.com>> wrote:
Marcus,
  aclid is optional when creating a networlACL. In 4.1, networkId is mandatory for creating
ACL. So, when networkId is specified instead of aclid in 4.2, CS gets the aclList associated
with the network and adds acl to it.
So, API doesn't break if the aclid is not specified.