cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Domain/Account/User Sync Up Among Multiple Regions
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 19:37:33 GMT
It may be an admin burden, but it has to be optional. There are other ways
to achieve global sync (e.g., LDAP/AD/Oauth).
A lot of service providers who run cloudstack have their own user database
/ portal. In their implementations the CloudStack database is not the
master source of user records, but a slave.

On 11/5/13 12:41 PM, "Chip Childers" <chipchilders@apache.org> wrote:

>Alex,
>
>I've moved your page to the "Designs not committed to a release"
>parent (instead of the 4.3 designs page), to align with both the Jira
>record *and* the fact that feature freeze is about to happen for 4.3.
>
>As for the proposal itself, I have a couple of suggestions:
>
>1) I'd like to see the implementation be part of the ACS runtime.
>Having a separate python app for this sync feature seems like an admin
>burden.
>
>2) As far as the design document itself, I think that we need to see
>more details on the proposed approach to sync, failure condition
>handling, etc...
>
>-chip
>

>On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Alex Ough <alex.ough@sungard.com> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Among the 2 approaches, I uploaded the implemented codes of the first
>> approach, master-slave architecture, here.
>> https://github.com/alexoughsg/albatross
>>
>> And here is the design doc in the wiki.
>>
>>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Domain-Account-Use
>>r+Sync+Up+Among+Multiple+Regions
>>
>> Please review them and let me know what you think if you're interested!
>> Thanks
>> Alex Ough
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Alex Ough <alex.ough@sungard.com>
>>wrote: