cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Santhosh Edukulla <santhosh.eduku...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Ping to shared network gateway failing
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 11:22:47 GMT
In shared network, we need to explicitly create the gateway. The ip available to vm as gateway
need to be physically existing as gateway device.

Santhosh
From: Gaurav Aradhye [gaurav.aradhye@clogeny.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:55 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Girish Shilamkar
Subject: Ping to shared network gateway failing

HI all,

I am facing an issue while running few test cases involving shared network
test cases.
Virtual Machine is deployed in shared network and isolated network. One of
the test case step is to check whether the network gateway is reachable
from the virtual machine.
Although the "ping" to gateway of Isolated network succeeds, "ping" to
shared network gateway always fails.

I tried deploying the VM with only shared network, the issue persists.
Can't reach the shared network gateway through the VM.

Can anybody guide me on this? IMO, gateway should always be reachable from
VM if that VM is part of that network.

Regards,
Gaurav