cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ASF4.2.1] Release Notes
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 16:06:41 GMT
Ok, i don't want to press for a release. We'll see (i think we are at
+2 binding???)

@Travis: You can find a link to the artifacts in the vote thread.

regards,

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Travis Graham <tgraham@tgraham.us> wrote:
> I think that's an acceptable middle ground. I would prefer to have the artifacts to test
the upgrade procedures with and with a designated committer to review, commit and release
the docs as progress is made we should all be able to call this approach a win.
>
> I've yet to get any kind of environment setup to roll my own release and I would prefer
not to have that overhead just to test the upgrade and make improvements to the docs.
>
> Does Jenkins have current {stable} artifacts that can be used to install 4.2.1 and test
with for upgrades?
>
> Travis
>
> On Nov 14, 2013, at 10:53 AM, Simon Weller <sweller@ena.com> wrote:
>
>> I agree completely.
>> I've spent the last couple of evenings trying to get a KVM lab upgraded from 4.1
to 4.2.1 by registering the new template first using the name in the upgrade*.java, and I've
had zero success getting the SSVM to come back up. However, if I don't install the new template
prior to upgrade and replace the existing template, and do some database manipulation (thanks
to Kelsey's  documented experiences in CLOUDSTACK-4826), I can get the SSVM to come up fine.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but without reliable documented steps of what is meant to
work, it's hard to test the upgrade process.
>>
>> - Si
>>
>> ________________________________________
>> From: Chip Childers <chipchilders@apache.org>
>> Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:40 AM
>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>> Cc: Abhinandan Prateek; Alok Kumar Singh
>> Subject: Re: [ASF4.2.1] Release Notes
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 09:42:11AM -0500, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
>>> Anyway we can wait next week to release.
>>>
>>> quite a few of us will be together in Amsterdam, we can dedicate a hackathon
session to 4.2.1 , make sure RN are good, upgrade path etc…then test….
>>>
>>> I'd recommend keeping the vote open until then.
>>>
>>> -sebastien
>>
>> +1 to Seb's idea (although I already voted)
>

Mime
View raw message