cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Travis Graham <tgra...@tgraham.us>
Subject Re: [ASF4.2.1] Release Notes
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 15:58:43 GMT
I think that's an acceptable middle ground. I would prefer to have the artifacts to test the
upgrade procedures with and with a designated committer to review, commit and release the
docs as progress is made we should all be able to call this approach a win.

I've yet to get any kind of environment setup to roll my own release and I would prefer not
to have that overhead just to test the upgrade and make improvements to the docs.

Does Jenkins have current {stable} artifacts that can be used to install 4.2.1 and test with
for upgrades?

Travis

On Nov 14, 2013, at 10:53 AM, Simon Weller <sweller@ena.com> wrote:

> I agree completely.
> I've spent the last couple of evenings trying to get a KVM lab upgraded from 4.1 to 4.2.1
by registering the new template first using the name in the upgrade*.java, and I've had zero
success getting the SSVM to come back up. However, if I don't install the new template prior
to upgrade and replace the existing template, and do some database manipulation (thanks to
Kelsey's  documented experiences in CLOUDSTACK-4826), I can get the SSVM to come up fine.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but without reliable documented steps of what is meant to
work, it's hard to test the upgrade process.

> - Si

to 4.2.1 , make sure RN are good, upgrade path etc…then test….