cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack.next
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 00:05:14 GMT
Steve,

I would like to see better error messages in the gui. Some errors that I get are absolutely
meaningless and don't tell anything about what needs doing to overcome the errors. This is
very important in my opinion. Errors like Could not start vm or router due to Null is just
no go. I've also seen pointless errors while trying to delete resources like primary/secondary
storage, network resources, etc. In my mind, a commercial product should have a meaningful
error reporting and documented solutions on fixing these errors.

In terms of functionality, I would like to see better KVM support for things like change of
service offering on live vm, ability to snapshot/restore the entire vm, not just volume by
volume.

Also, ability to snapshot/import/export account settings, including networks, firewall rules,
virtual machines, policies, etc.

Redundant Virtual routers checks also need to be improved to make sure you always have two
virtual routers running, as at the moment, if one of the VRs crash or host server running
a VR crashes ACS doesn't automatically restart it making sure that you always have two running
VRs.

Cheers

Andrei