cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Syed Ahmed <sah...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: Router requires upgrade. Unable to send command to router Error
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 22:18:30 GMT
OK here is how far I got debugging this. I think I am missing a small
thing. I hope you guys can help.

So my VM template has the correct version.

root@eng-ns-dev-cs1: /export/secondary/template/tmpl/1/1 # strings f3fc75d9-0240-4c71-a3bf-fb65652e4763.vhd
 | grep Cloudstack

Cloudstack Release*  4.2.0*Tue Nov 19 23:22:37 UTC 2013

But in the database I see the following ( table domain_router )

*************************** 4. row ***************************
                  id: 11
          element_id: 4
  public_mac_address: 06:48:a8:00:00:68
   public_ip_address: 172.30.91.102
      public_netmask: 255.255.255.0
       guest_netmask: NULL
    guest_ip_address: NULL
is_redundant_router: 0
            priority: 0
  is_priority_bumpup: 0
     redundant_state: UNKNOWN
        stop_pending: 0
                role: VIRTUAL_ROUTER
    template_version:*Cloudstack Release 3.0 Mon Feb 6 15:10:04 PST 2012*
     scripts_version: 725d5e5901a62c68aed0dd3463023518
              vpc_id: NULL
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I guess this is populated from the VM that gets created. On the xen the
vm is r-11. I see the following version on that VM

root@r-11-VM:~# cat /etc/cloudstack-release
Cloudstack Release 3.0 Mon Feb  6 15:10:04 PST 2012

This means that Xen is not picking up the template present in the
secondary storage. Does Xen cache the vhd files locally to avoid coming
to the secondary storage? If so, how can I disable that?

Also, I was looking at UpgradeRouterTemplateCmd API which basically goes
through all the VRs and reboots them. It expects that when the reboot is
completed, the router should have picked up the 4.2.0 version of the
template ( see line 4072 in VirtualNetworkApplianceManagerImpl.java ) I
try to do the reboot manually but the template remains the same. Do you
guys have any more suggestions?

Thanks,
-Syed