cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "SuichII, Christopher" <Chris.Su...@netapp.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Add 'Other' category to gen_toc.py for apidoc
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 16:59:52 GMT
Agreed. I’m not a fan of how this is working right now, but this late in the cycle I think
trying to rework all of this is a scary idea. It would be a good thing to look for post-4.3.

-Chris
--
Chris Suich
chris.suich@netapp.com

On Nov 4, 2013, at 11:29 AM, Chip Childers <chipchilders@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 04:19:12PM +0000, SuichII, Christopher wrote:
>> I would like to be able to leverage the existing apidoc tools to generate apidoc
for my plugin’s exposed APIs. However, gen_toc.py expects all APIs to fall into one of the
hard coded ‘known_categories’. Since my APIs don’t fall into one of the existing categories,
gen_toc.py fails with the error:

>> Exception: Need to add a category for <my api> to gen_toc.py:known_categories
>>
>> What are people’s thoughts on adding a category called ‘Other’ for APIs which
do not fall into one of the hard coded categories? I’ve tested this locally by adding the
following to gen_toc.py:

>> To the end of the known_categories hash: 'Other' : ‘Other’
>> At end end of choose_category(fn): return known_categories['Other’]
>>
>> I think there is a lot to be done with the apidoc tools moving forward to allow third
party plugins to use the tools, but this would be a quick fix that would at least make the
tools usable for now.