cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CloudStack 4.2.1
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 22:41:38 GMT
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 10:31:47PM +0000, Animesh Chaturvedi wrote:

> The format of apache-cloudstack-4.2.1-src.tar.bz2.md5 doesn't match the gpg output.
>
> See this:
>
> localhost :: /tmp/cloudstack >gpg --print-md MD5 apache-cloudstack-4.2.1-src.tar.bz2
> apache-cloudstack-4.2.1-src.tar.bz2: AE BF B5 B5 91 24 8B 6D  27 6F 9D 35 C0 C3
>                                      DD D5 localhost :: /tmp/cloudstack >cat apache-cloudstack-4.2.1-src.tar.bz2.md5
> apache-cloudstack-4.2.1-src.tar.bz2: AE BF B5
>                                      B5 91 24
>                                      8B 6D  27
>                                      6F 9D 35
>                                      C0 C3 DD
>                                      D5
>
> There are extra line breaks in the .md5 file [1].  Although I'd actually prefer to get
the process to switch to the md5sum tool's format anyway, can you correct this formatting
before we continue with the release voting?

> -chip
>
> [1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.2.1/apache-cloudstack-4.2.1-src.tar.bz2.md5
>
> Animesh> Chip, Abhi is in a different time zone so will see this in morning, the SHA
and MD5 are generated by build_asf.sh  script so if this is an issue, should have been for
prior releases also. Are you suggesting to update the build_asf.sh to file to fix the formatting?

This must be an issue with local gpg output formatting.  Weird.

Let's go forward with the vote.  Manual inspection shows it as matching.
For 4.3, we should change the build script to use native md5sum and
sha256sum (with a script fix to get around the mac installations that
may have the commands pre-pended with a "g").

I'll finish my testing and move forward with voting shortly.

-chip