cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Add 'Other' category to gen_toc.py for apidoc
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 16:29:26 GMT
On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 04:19:12PM +0000, SuichII, Christopher wrote:
> I would like to be able to leverage the existing apidoc tools to generate apidoc for
my plugin’s exposed APIs. However, gen_toc.py expects all APIs to fall into one of the hard
coded ‘known_categories’. Since my APIs don’t fall into one of the existing categories,
gen_toc.py fails with the error:

> Exception: Need to add a category for <my api> to gen_toc.py:known_categories
>
> What are people’s thoughts on adding a category called ‘Other’ for APIs which do
not fall into one of the hard coded categories? I’ve tested this locally by adding the following
to gen_toc.py:

> To the end of the known_categories hash: 'Other' : ‘Other’
> At end end of choose_category(fn): return known_categories['Other’]
>
> I think there is a lot to be done with the apidoc tools moving forward to allow third
party plugins to use the tools, but this would be a quick fix that would at least make the
tools usable for now.

> -Chris

I've not been a fan of that particular configuration file personally.
IMO, if that works, then great.  We should revisit removing that config
file requirement altogether though.

-chip