cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Re: checkstyle
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 15:54:57 GMT
On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 04:33:07PM +0100, Hugo Trippaers wrote:
> Hey John,
>
> That would be my idea.
>
> Make it mandatory for new (maven) projects coming into the code base and slowly start
working on fixing the existing projects.  The current checkstyle setting is very relaxed,
just a few basic checks. Stuff that we could technically fix with a few well written regular
expressions even.  Over time we can start implementing parts of our code style in the checkstyle
config, but that is long term planning.

> Cheers,
>
> Hugo

We've had people correct the whitespace issues in bulk previously, but
then someone does a merge and it goes to hell again.

I'd actually be +1 on a quick fix of the code, then the enforcement of
the rules.  That is...  only for the things that can be easily
regex-fixed.

-chip