cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Shepherd <darren.s.sheph...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack collab Hackathons
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 15:38:59 GMT
I'd like to throw in the topic of API clients.  So specifically what's the state of clients
in python, ruby, java, and go.  With the api discovery feature it should be simple to write
dynamic clients that are always up to date with the api.

Darren

> On Oct 14, 2013, at 7:22 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 11, 2013, at 4:43 AM, Hugo Trippaers <trippie@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Guys,
>>
>> The CloudStack collaboration conference is right around the corner. The first day
of the conference will be dedicated to workshops and a hackathon.

>> I'm curious which developers are planning to attend the hackthon and what subjects
you are interested in. In Santa Clara we had a short list of some subjects to discuss and
some tables and discussions were already prepared in advance. In the upcoming conference we
can do the same, so if you have a discussion or project idea that you want to work on at the
hackthon let us know with a reply in this thread.

>> I'm also curious if there are any aspiring developers that would like to have a sort
of introduction into cloudstack development during the hackathon.

>> If you have any other ideas, just shout.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Hugo
>
> I am adding couple topics that I would like to see:
>
> -API interfaces (AWS refactor, GCE, OCCI&CIMI standard): Discuss the state of our
interfaces, plans for future, needs etc. AWS interface might need a refactor, GCE is a new
interface, OCCI is a standard and Isaac Chiang has developed an interface. We are missing
a CIMI interface.

> -DOCs: We are having lots of talks about docs, they have been split in a separate repo,
we need to discuss format, release life cycle, format etc.

> -KVM agent: There has been discussions/wishes to re-write the KVM agent in something
else than Java. Review architecture, define a plan, find developers :)

> -Ecosystem: The are lots of tools in the cloud ecosystem, we should talk about docker,
ansible, cloud foundry/bosh…etc.and define a plan to have great cloudstack support in all
of those.