cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject [HOW-TO] Custom REST call on Destroy and Deploy
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 19:21:03 GMT
We would like to add additional operations in ACS when we do deploy and destroy.

For example, when VM is destroyed, we want to make create a JIRA ticket (rest call) to track
the decomision process.
When VM is deployed, we may need to do something else, but also rest based?

I can see 2 ways of doing this,

1)      Extend the UI and initiate extra REST calls via java script  (low risk)

2)      Add more functionality to API Command (extra work and maintenance burden)

3)      Create a Custom front end (seems like a lot of work)

How can this be done most efficiently and hopefully with least intrusion?