cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Me...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: questions about registerIso API and updateIsoPermissions API
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 00:26:54 GMT
Answers inline.

From: Jessica Wang <Jessica.Wang@citrix.com<mailto:Jessica.Wang@citrix.com>>
Date: Tuesday 8 October 2013 5:10 PM
To: "<dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Cc: Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharchyk@citrix.com<mailto:Alena.Prokharchyk@citrix.com>>,
Nitin Mehta <nitin.mehta@citrix.com<mailto:nitin.mehta@citrix.com>>, Shweta Agarwal
<Shweta.Agarwal@citrix.com<mailto:Shweta.Agarwal@citrix.com>>
Subject: questions about registerIso API and updateIsoPermissions API

Hi,

I have questions about registerIso API and updateIsoPermissions API.

(1) A normal user is allowed to specify isextractable property when registering an ISO (through
registerIso API),
but NOT allowed to update isextractable property when updating an ISO (through updateIsoPermissions
API).
Is this by design or it's just an API bug?

Nitin>> This is a grey area. This was done for templates (Isos just inherited it) because
derived templates may or may not belong to the same user and we want to follow the principle
of least privilege.
At the moment, I think that for Isos we should allow to edit it so would call it an API bug.

(2) A normal user is NOT allowed to specify isfeatured property when registering an ISO (through
registerIso API),
but allowed to update isfeatured property when updating an ISO (through updateIsoPermissions
API)?
Is this by design or it's just an API bug?

Nitin>> Register Iso does provide an option to mark an ISO featured. I see that in the
latest master.

Jessica