cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Shepherd <darren.s.sheph...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: note to devcloud users on db.properties.override
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 16:07:57 GMT
Ugh, I see what I did now.  When I tested that code I changed the code
I didn't do a "mvn install" before running "mvn ... deploydb."  That's
annoying, now I want to figure out why maven doesn't pickup changes
unless I do an install.  So I effectively tested with the old code.

Darren

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Darren Shepherd
<darren.s.shepherd@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll fix that.  Gimme ten mintues.  I specifically looked at that code
> and thought I didn't change the behavior, but I guess I screwed it up.
>
> Just a general comment.  There's too many ways to do the same thing in
> CloudStack.  Especially the database.  The way databases are setup for
> developers shouldn't be so different from production.  The way we
> manage the DB at the moment is so problematic in my mind.
>
> Darren
>

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 7:18 AM, Hugo Trippaers <hugo@trippaers.nl> wrote:
>> Heya,
>>
>> With commit 1460196496d73e0db25c7beb2392cfaf9d591ed7 Darren improved the loading
of the db.properties file, however this also affected the DatabaseCreator used by the deploydb
procedure to refresh the database. Effectively the db.properies.override is ignored at the
moment and the db.proeprties file in utils/conf/ will be used instead. We need to come up
with a nice solution for this in the near future, but in the meantime make any custom setting
there. Just don’t commit them ;-)