cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Shepherd <darren.s.sheph...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] txn-refactor
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 22:05:45 GMT
On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Hugo Trippaers <trippie@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe just mark start() as deprecated then. Would at least put a marker for anybody writing
new code that they should think again about using it.

Good idea.

> A unit test would be really nice to have for this piece of code. Especially now we know
there will be changes is this area for some time to come. The DB layer is at the core of CloudStack
so a test is a real requirement here. I know there is a bunch of stuff disabled, we decided
long ago to fix those tests when we would touch that bit of code, and you just hit the jackpot
;-)

I wrote some tests, I'll commit them in a bit.

> Did you have a look at the build link? The current build for your branch appears broken.
One test failure and a compile error as far as I can tell.

I had no clue that build-with-branch jenkins jobs existed!  That is
very useful.  How do I get an account to kick off jobs?  I do feel
stupid now looking at the build error.  I had some maven projects
disabled, so I forgot to update about 10 different projects.  I'll fix
those real quick and commit.

Darren