cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Shepherd <darren.s.sheph...@gmail.com>
Subject [MERGE] spring-modularization to master - Spring Modularization
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 22:48:46 GMT
Not sure how this works...  I would like to merge in the new
modularized Spring setup to master. There is info on the wiki about it
[1] [2] [3].  The primary change is to break apart the monolithic
applicationContext.xml and componentContext.xml files such that each
plugin can maintain and contribute its own configuration.

In addition to breaking up the configuration we no longer use ACS
custom AOP and it is now fully Spring AOP.

Now adding/removing a plug-in is a matter of just adding a jar to the
classpath (exception being commands.properties, I'll address that in a
different thread).  Unfortunately this branch does not have the
changes to package things in different RPMs.  So it would be great if
somebody could take up the packaging effort to split out all the
plugins into different RPMs.

Darren

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Modularize+Spring
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Plug-ins%2C+Modules%2C+and+Extensions