cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove Setters from *JoinVO
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 19:33:55 GMT
Chris,

Since I see no objections, why don't you test your idea and submit a patch?

regards,
Daan

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 7:29 PM, SuichII, Christopher
<Chris.Suich@netapp.com> wrote:
> *JoinVOs are used to store entries from MySQL views, which are not editable. I think
removing setters from the *JoinVOs may help avoid some potential confusion as setters seem
to imply that the fields are editable, which they really aren't.

> I started looking around and it looks like most setters in *JoinVOs aren't actually used
since the creation of *VOs is handled by java reflection. Please let me know if this is not
the case or if I'm misunderstanding the way the MySQL views work.