cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Components in JIRA and bug assignment
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2013 19:16:24 GMT
I have doubts about this thought it would seem productive. It constructs a
small assignment hierarchy in the community which feels fine for any
company project I have worked on in the past.

It feels out of place.
. Are those component maintainers going to have monopoly on assigning
tickets pertaining to 'their' component?
. as a featurist: a ticket will usually pertain to several components. it
can be for instance UI - API - orchestration - provisioning - network -
storage. I would think the person entering the ticket has the
responsibility of finding devs/assigning the work. (dis)agree?

I actually prefer unassigned tickets and a irc meeting like discussion on
them once in a while.

just €0,02
Daan