cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Re: Review Request 14381: KVM: add connect/disconnect capabilities to StorageAdaptors so that external storage services can attach/detach devices on-demand
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:39:20 GMT
You are correct, Marcus - I no longer have a cloud0 bridge.

Maybe I should revert to my Ubuntu KVM snapshot and try this over from
scratch.

My setup.log file is pretty small. I don't see a reference to cloud0 in it:

DEBUG:root:execute:uname -r
DEBUG:root:execute:uname -m
DEBUG:root:execute:hostname -f
DEBUG:root:execute:kvm-ok
DEBUG:root:execute:service apparmor status
DEBUG:root:execute:apparmor_status |grep libvirt
DEBUG:root:Failed to execute:
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service libvirt-bin status
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service libvirt-bin stop
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d -f libvirt-bin remove
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d -f libvirt-bin defaults
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service libvirt-bin status
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service libvirt-bin start
DEBUG:root:execute:ufw allow 22
DEBUG:root:execute:ufw allow 1798
DEBUG:root:execute:ufw allow 16509
DEBUG:root:execute:ufw allow proto tcp from any to any port 5900:6100
DEBUG:root:execute:ufw allow proto tcp from any to any port 49152:49216
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service ufw status
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service ufw stop
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service ufw status
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service ufw start
DEBUG:root:execute:uuidgen
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-agent status
DEBUG:root:Failed to execute: * could not access PID file for
cloudstack-agent
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-agent stop
DEBUG:root:execute:sleep 30
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d -f cloudstack-agent remove
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d -f cloudstack-agent defaults
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-agent status
DEBUG:root:Failed to execute: * could not access PID file for
cloudstack-agent
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-agent start

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Marcus Sorensen <shadowsor@gmail.com>wrote:

> I ran master at about 6pm MDT and the agent came up fine. From that code
> it sounds more like something is messed up on your KVM host. It says it
> runs 'ip route | grep 169.254.0.0/16', and that command does NOT return a
> line with at least three space separated elements ( you can try it manually
> to verify). That's based on index 2 being out of range when splitting on a
> space. It also likely means you're missing the 'cloud0' bridge if you run
> brctl, which seems bizarre to me if you just shut down a working agent,
> updated the packages and started the new agent, you should have it from the
> previous run. I've never seen 'cloud0' go away on its own after an agent
> installs it.
>
> You should probably look further up in your log, as part of the agent
> setup is to add a bridge called 'cloud0' which is the link local bridge for
> ssh commands to the system vms. That's what it's looking for, and not
> finding. This is done by createControlNetwork in BridgeVifDriver.java when
> the agent starts.
>

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM, Mike Tutkowski <
> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>
>> The offending code is the line with the hard-coded 2:
>>
>>     private void deleteExitingLinkLocalRouteTable(String linkLocalBr) {
>>
>>         Script command = new Script("/bin/bash", _timeout);
>>
>>         command.add("-c");
>>
>>         command.add("ip route | grep " + NetUtils.getLinkLocalCIDR());
>>
>>         OutputInterpreter.AllLinesParser parser = newOutputInterpreter.AllLinesParser();
>>
>>         String result = command.execute(parser);
>>
>>         boolean foundLinkLocalBr = false;
>>
>>         if (result == null && parser.getLines() != null) {
>>
>>             String[] lines = parser.getLines().split("\\n");
>>
>>             for (String line : lines) {
>>
>>                 String[] tokens = line.split(" ");
>>
>>                 if (!tokens[2].equalsIgnoreCase(linkLocalBr)) {
>>
>>                     Script.runSimpleBashScript("ip route del " +
>> NetUtils.getLinkLocalCIDR());
>>
>>                 } else {
>>
>>                     foundLinkLocalBr = true;
>>
>>                 }
>>
>>             }
>>
>>         }
>>
>>         if (!foundLinkLocalBr) {
>>
>>             Script.runSimpleBashScript("ifconfig " + linkLocalBr + "
>> 169.254.0.1;" + "ip route add " +
>>
>>                     NetUtils.getLinkLocalCIDR() + " dev " + linkLocalBr
>> + " src " + NetUtils.getLinkLocalGateway());
>>
>>         }
>>
>>     }
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM, Mike Tutkowski <
>> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Marcus,
>>>
>>> Are you aware of any current issue with the KVM agent in master that
>>> would prevent it from starting?
>>>
>>> After an update from master today, I'm seeing the following in agent.log:
>>>
>>> 2013-10-17 23:53:13,530 ERROR [cloud.agent.AgentShell] (main:null)
>>> Unable to start agent:
>>> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
>>> at
>>> com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.BridgeVifDriver.deleteExitingLinkLocalRouteTable(BridgeVifDriver.java:258)
>>>  at
>>> com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.BridgeVifDriver.createControlNetwork(BridgeVifDriver.java:272)
>>> at
>>> com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.BridgeVifDriver.createControlNetwork(BridgeVifDriver.java:244)
>>>  at
>>> com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.BridgeVifDriver.configure(BridgeVifDriver.java:81)
>>> at
>>> com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource.getVifDriverClass(LibvirtComputingResource.java:933)
>>>  at
>>> com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource.configureVifDrivers(LibvirtComputingResource.java:898)
>>> at
>>> com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource.configure(LibvirtComputingResource.java:868)
>>>  at com.cloud.agent.Agent.<init>(Agent.java:161)
>>> at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgent(AgentShell.java:415)
>>>  at
>>> com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgentFromClassInfo(AgentShell.java:370)
>>> at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgent(AgentShell.java:351)
>>>  at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.start(AgentShell.java:448)
>>>  at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>>> at

--
*Mike Tutkowski*