cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From benoit lair <kurushi4...@gmail.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL][ACS 4.3] Billing of ressources consumed
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 09:41:27 GMT
Hello All.

I was wondering what were the abilities to get some billing system of
consumed ressources ?

I saw you can extract some datas on the acs cloud_usage mysql database.

I'm looking for a good beginning of a solution of ressources billing.

If this doesn't really exists yet, so what about beginning the work on a
billing plugin that could evolves regardless of the ACS mgmt server ?

It could be very useful to generate a report of the used ressources, group
ressources by client (so need to have some crm specs or crm interconnexion,
or just import the client's db (name,internal_ref_key,
hosting_client_ref_key) or somewhat like a client ref key)

So we can retrieve the information for a client to what ressources he used
for a given period per example.

For a first phase, the availability to extract these informations into a
csv format, for a second phase the availability to perform an export and to
post it with a framework defining the way it is transferred (url, key,
method, encryption, ack, etc ...) toward such an intranet tool.

Also the availability to give a production cost and the billing price for
each ressource so we can have the financial results of the global activity
in a given period.

Here are some ideas, the thread is open, any idea is welcome and any
advices about such a feature.

Regards, Benoit.