cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturv...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Components in JIRA and bug assignment
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 22:48:06 GMT

[Animesh>] Yes JIRA allows adding a component lead. I can add components and the primary
lead if the community agrees to it. This will be based on our maintainers list [1]

> What do you think?
[Animesh>]+1,  I had brought up the same idea in the thread [2] and that time it was not
approved by the community. With my experience from 4.2.0 I would like it to be reconsidered.

> Any other suggestions?

[Animesh>] In the thread [3] I had also called out the email subscriptions for each of
the components based on JIRA filter, but at that time I did not get much response.

> If agreed, who has the karma in JIRA to do this?
[Animesh>] There are few folks that have Admin access to JIRA including me. Alex, David,
Chip are ofcourse administrators.

> What components we need to add or remove to lower the confusion?
[Animesh>] We should review the current component list and refine them. Some of them are
over used like "management Server" as Sheng mentioned in the other thread.

> Last but not least, if someone can explain how bug reporter would
> identify the proper component, we can then post it on WIKI and minimize
> the error rate caused by improper bug filling.
[Animesh>] We can add a description column in [1] to provide description for the components.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Current+Maintainers+Per+Component
[2] http://markmail.org/thread/btovj6t6opqxge5q
[3] http://markmail.org/thread/2gm4lq3lgfdzeo53