cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Trippaers <h...@trippaers.nl>
Subject Re: OVS integration broken in 4.2 & master
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 08:57:46 GMT
We need to rabase it on latest master first.

I’ll see if i can do that cleanly.

Hugo

On 30 okt. 2013, at 09:55, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2013, at 4:47 AM, Hugo Trippaers <hugo@trippaers.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hey Murali,
>>
>> This has already been done by Nguyen (tuna), we just need to get his patches from
the sdnextension branch into master soon.

>> Cheers,
>>

> Yeah, actually can you start a [merge] thread on this, so it gets in 4.3 soon….
>
>> Hugo
>>

>> On 30 okt. 2013, at 08:11, Murali Reddy <Murali.Reddy@citrix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> OVS integration for GRE overlay tunnels is currently broken in both master and
4.2. Till 4.1, Network Manager will loop through all the network elements for NIC prepare
and release so, OVS network element had chance to participate in the NIC prepare/release operations.
This behaviour in network orchestrator is changed to loop through only network elements that
are service providers for the network which is right way to do, but OVS network element is
not called due to this. I am planning to fix it by making Ovs network element as service provider
for 'Connectivity' service. This is in consistence with design of other SDN controllers integrated
in CS. So, to use GRE isolation, additional step is required to create a network offering
with 'Ovs' as connectivity service provider. Any concerns with this approach?