cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Trippaers <trip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] txn-refactor
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 07:59:45 GMT
+1

Side note, you're doing some automated code cleanup as well. Pretty nice, but did you sync
the cleanup settings with the ones Alex posted a while back? We wouldn't want conflicting
autocleanup settings battling for supremacy.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 22 okt. 2013, at 06:21, Darren Shepherd <darren.s.shepherd@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I plan to merge this wed morning unless I or others find issues.
>
> Darren
>
>>> On Oct 17, 2013, at 3:05 PM, Darren Shepherd <darren.s.shepherd@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Hugo Trippaers <trippie@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Maybe just mark start() as deprecated then. Would at least put a marker for anybody
writing new code that they should think again about using it.

>> Good idea.
>>

>>> A unit test would be really nice to have for this piece of code. Especially now
we know there will be changes is this area for some time to come. The DB layer is at the core
of CloudStack so a test is a real requirement here. I know there is a bunch of stuff disabled,
we decided long ago to fix those tests when we would touch that bit of code, and you just
hit the jackpot ;-)

>> I wrote some tests, I'll commit them in a bit.
>>
>>> Did you have a look at the build link? The current build for your branch appears
broken. One test failure and a compile error as far as I can tell.