cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Koushik Das <koushik....@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove Setters from *JoinVO
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 05:40:49 GMT
Views are meant to be read only. So +1 for removing setters.

On 04-Oct-2013, at 10:59 PM, "SuichII, Christopher" <Chris.Suich@netapp.com> wrote:

> *JoinVOs are used to store entries from MySQL views, which are not editable. I think
removing setters from the *JoinVOs may help avoid some potential confusion as setters seem
to imply that the fields are editable, which they really aren't.

> I started looking around and it looks like most setters in *JoinVOs aren't actually used
since the creation of *VOs is handled by java reflection. Please let me know if this is not
the case or if I'm misunderstanding the way the MySQL views work.