cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Roque Marques <pedro.r.marq...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contrail plugin
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 16:43:39 GMT
Chip,

On Oct 8, 2013, at 7:23 AM, Chip Childers wrote:

> As stated, I've imported the contrail plugin donation into the contrail branch.
>
> I've taken the time to add the ASF license header to all of the new files in that branch.
 I think we have to complete the following in order to merge into master.

> 1) I'd like to see the package structure changed to match org.apache.cloudstack, instead
of the Juniper namespace.  We only have com.cloud namespaces for legacy reasons, and are trying
to consolidate into the apache ns.

Will do.

> 2) Folks with past experience with network plugins need to review the plugin's code and
provide comments or +1s for a merge.  Chiradeep and Hugo, you've been "randomly" selected
to help on this...  ;-)  Pedro, I'll assume that you will be happy to provide patches via
reviewboard against this branch if changes are requested (including the package structure
noted above).

Yes. There is a team of us at Juniper that will be working on the contrail plugin. We will
be more than happy to follow the structure that you recommend.

> 3) I'd love if we could get some consensus on what additional tests and / or changes
to the test approach are needed.  Prasanna - as with Hugo and Chiradeep, you've been "randomly"
selected to at least provide some input here.

Our plan at the moment is to:
 - Add unit tests to cover all the <Object>Model classes.
 - Create additional integration tests to cover the plugin integration with the CloudStack
NetworkManager. At the moment we are struggling a bit with the changes from 4.1 (where we
did most of the development) to 4.2 to 4.3...

  Pedro.