cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: System VM template caching
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 16:30:40 GMT
Are you sure about this ? I thought we needed to register them as user vm and that the upgrade
would convert them to systemVM automatically

-Sebastien

On 9 Oct 2013, at 17:22, "kelcey@backbonetechnology.com"<kelcey@backbonetechnology.com>
wrote:

> I was able to create a work around and several community builders tested it out for me
and it works.

> I will not submit to docs as it's a hack, but I have updated the JIRA ticket.
>
> Work around can be found at:
>
> http://cloud.kelceydamage.com/cloudfire/blog/2013/10/08/conquering-the-cloudstack-4-2-dragon-kvm/
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Kelcey
>
> Sent from my HTC

the same problem you can check from API command ListTemplateCommand(), from CloudMonkey and
see if it returns a bogus cached value. Then you know it is the same problem.
> -Soheil
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cloudstack-dev/201309.mbox/%3C6717EC2E5A665A40A5AF626D7D4FA90625E2E487@x2008mb1.infoblox.com%3E

and install the latest system VM template, CloudStack refuses to use this template for new
system VM creation. CloudStack appears to be usin a cached or master-clone variant of the
old template.

> This is causing may KVM+ 4.2 users to have broken clouds, A bug report has been filed:
>
> My question is: Does anyone know where this cached template is stored? when CloudStack
goes to make a new system VM, where does it look first for the template? We have observed
through testing that this is no secondary storage.