cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack collab Hackathons
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 14:22:04 GMT

On Oct 11, 2013, at 4:43 AM, Hugo Trippaers <trippie@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> The CloudStack collaboration conference is right around the corner. The first day of
the conference will be dedicated to workshops and a hackathon.

> I'm curious which developers are planning to attend the hackthon and what subjects you
are interested in. In Santa Clara we had a short list of some subjects to discuss and some
tables and discussions were already prepared in advance. In the upcoming conference we can
do the same, so if you have a discussion or project idea that you want to work on at the hackthon
let us know with a reply in this thread.

> I'm also curious if there are any aspiring developers that would like to have a sort
of introduction into cloudstack development during the hackathon.

> If you have any other ideas, just shout.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hugo

I am adding couple topics that I would like to see:

-API interfaces (AWS refactor, GCE, OCCI&CIMI standard): Discuss the state of our interfaces,
plans for future, needs etc. AWS interface might need a refactor, GCE is a new interface,
OCCI is a standard and Isaac Chiang has developed an interface. We are missing a CIMI interface.

-DOCs: We are having lots of talks about docs, they have been split in a separate repo, we
need to discuss format, release life cycle, format etc.

-KVM agent: There has been discussions/wishes to re-write the KVM agent in something else
than Java. Review architecture, define a plan, find developers :)

-Ecosystem: The are lots of tools in the cloud ecosystem, we should talk about docker, ansible,
cloud foundry/bosh…etc.and define a plan to have great cloudstack support in all of those.

-sebastien